Teach a Class
- What do I need to do if I want to propose a class?
- If the proposal is accepted by Community Education?
- What can I expect for compensation?
- What are the session dates?
- Class Begins!
If you see a need or have a class to teach that you think would benefit the community, please follow these steps.
- Print Course Proposal Form or come to Lincoln Center Room 107 to pick up.
- Fill out the form and return it to the Community Education Coordinator, Barb Gustafson at Community Education 415 North 30th Billings, MT 59101.
- Or fill out form below and submit online.
For the school year 2019-2020, teachers will earn $32.18 per hour for night time instruction and $28.22 per hour for day time instruction. Career Advancement classes there will be 1 hour of prep per 5 hours of instruction. If an instructor is interested in additional compensation it must be cleared by the Community Education Coordinator first. If you want to be paid per student you will need to provide an independent contractor number to Human Resources.
Instructors will check on enrollment numbers one week before class begins. If the class has met the necessary enrollment, the instructor will come to Lincoln Center room 107 to pick up their class packet. The students will receive the books if applicable the first night of class. If a student who is on the roster does not attend, the instructor must notify Heather in room 107. Her contact number is 281-5010. Instructors will fill out attendance sheets, timesheets, and evaluations and return to the office at the end of the session. If there is a problem or issue, the instructor will contact Barb Gustafson in room 107 or by callings 281-5003.